Level 1: Collegiate
LEVEL 1 CHAIRPERSON:
Cathy Mathia, Email: email@example.com
Download Level 1 College Information
The Level 1 Collegiate Path is an alternative avenue for students currently in school who have access to early childhood music and movement courses in a college setting.
Individual Cost for Level 1 Certification: Collegiate Path is $25.00, U.S. currency.
- Current ECMMA Membership.
- 30 hours of coursework in early childhood music and/or movement education. See Approved Coursework that meets this requirement. Keep track of needed documentation i.e., workshop certificates, course transcripts, conference sessions attended, etc. Documents can be uploaded on the Application Form.
- 15 hours of fieldwork observations or supervised participation in a structured ECMMA program. This can be met if you have more than 30 hours from programs/coursework you took to meet option #1, or through observation/participation in an early childhood studio that is taught by a teacher with a minimum of 5 years teaching experience. If the latter option is chosen, a letter documenting your observation/participation must be submitted by the teacher.
- Minimum of 1 year teaching experience (or equivalent) in early childhood music/movement, ages 0- 7. This can be documented through a letter written by a professor, parent in your studio, or an early childhood music and movement colleague. The letter must be signed in writing by this person.
Several universities now offer dedicated early childhood music/movement courses with pre-service, guided teaching opportunities:
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Maranatha Baptist Bible College, Watertown, Wisconsin
- Pasadena Music College, Pasadena, California
DURATION of Level 1 Certification: Collegiate Path.
The Level 1 certificate is valid for five years. There is no renewal of the Collegiate Path. Applicant must renew with Level 1 Certification: Standard Path, or move on to Level 2 Certification.
QUESTIONS ABOUT NEW LEVEL 1 COLLEGIATE PATH CERTIFICATION? HAS YOUR CERTIFICATION LAPSED? For information, contact the Level 1 chairperson: Cathy Mathia, firstname.lastname@example.org