LEVEL 3 AND HONORARY PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION CHAIRPERSON:
Joyce Jordan-DeCarbo, email@example.com
Download Level 3 Information
REQUIREMENTS FOR LEVEL 3 CERTIFICATION:
The fee for Level 3 Certification is $70.00 US currency.
NOTE: You must have attained Level 1 and Level 2 ECMMA certification and provide documentation of this certification (send a scanned copy of your Level 1 and Level 2 certificates).
- Current membership in ECMMA.
- A Bachelor’s degree (documented by transcript from an accredited college or university).
- 3 additional Continuing Education Units (CEUs) (30 hours) related to early childhood music and movement for children ages 0-7. 4)
- Minimum 8 years teaching experience in early childhood music and movement, ages 0-7 (documented in the form of a letter from administrator, parent of student, studio affiliate, preschool director, etc.). Letter must be signed in writing by this person.
- Video of one complete class lesson, along with a detailed lesson plan for this class. The video should be in a digital format. You also need to submit the Teacher's Self-Evaluation Form of that class lesson, and an Evaluation form by a Parent or Colleague of the video-taped class. NOTE: All documents and video should be sent to the Level 3 Chair.
REQUIREMENTS FOR LEVEL 3 HONORARY PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
(applicants who wish to be LEVEL 3 certified without Level 1 and Level 2 prerequisites): The fee for Honorary Professional Certification is $125 US currency.
- Active membership in ECMMA for the past three years.
- A master’s or doctorate degree in music/music education or early childhood education or early childhood music and movement education. Status will be determined by the certification committee prior to approval.
- Minimum 10 years teaching experience in early childhood music and movement, ages 0-7 (documented in the form of a letter from administrator, parent of student, studio affiliate, preschool director, etc.).
- Curriculum vitae or résumé, plus at least one of the following: a video of teaching, portfolio or publications.
RENEWAL INFORMATION for LEVEL 3 Certification: A reminder notice will be sent 6-12 months in advance of the scheduled renewal date. Keep track of needed documentation, i.e. workshop certificates, course transcripts, conference sessions attended, etc. All material including the video and evaluation must be received in one package by the scheduled renewal date. If an extension is needed past the scheduled renewal date, you must contact the Level 3 chairperson. Extensions are at the discretion of the committee.
RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS for Level 3:
The fee for RENEWAL is $20.00 US currency.
- Membership in ECMMA for at least three of the past five years.
- Documentation of actively teaching early childhood music/movement classes for children ages 0-7 at least two consecutive years of the past five years (in the form of a letter from administrator, parent of student, studio affiliate, preschool director, etc.).
- Three Continuing Education Units (CEUs), including at least one regional conference, national convention
or equivalent event related to early childhood music and movement, ages 0-7.
- Renewal applicants may view the 2010 virtual convention or any subsequent ECMMA Virtual Conventions to meet the ten-hour requirement. When viewing a Virtual Convention, at least 1 keynote/general session and a variety of breakout sessions should be selected for viewing. The applicant should then write a 300 word paper on the keynote/general session viewed, and a 150 word paper on each breakout session viewed. The papers should include the session title, speaker, date and a brief summary of each session. The applicant should express how ideas, concepts, or research from the session might be incorporated into his/her teaching or practice, along with any meaningful critiques of the session.
If you wish to renew after the deadline has passed, contact the Level 3 chairperson:
Joyce Jordan-DeCarbo, firstname.lastname@example.org